Image and video hosting by TinyPic

powerful." Gregor Blanco left the game with two outs in the ninth

in Gästeecke 17.12.2019 07:26
von sakura698 • Neuling | 825 Beiträge

Open champion Henrik Stenson feels the spirit of his late friend Michael Gerbich helped him claim the first major title of his career at Royal Troon on Sunday. John Gianelli Jersey . Stenson produced a stunning final round to get his hands on the famous Claret Jug, fending off the challenge of Phil Mickelson and finishing with a score of 20 under par - the joint-lowest in major history, equalling Jason Days record from the 2015 PGA Championship.In the aftermath of his victory, Stenson dedicated his performance to the memory of Gerbich, who lost his battle with cancer on the eve of the tournament at the age of 74. Stenson says the desire to win for his close friend provided him with extra motivation.I felt he was out there with me. He was a really keen golfer and always followed us, not just me but some of the other tour players out in Dubai, the Swede told Sky Sports News HQ.He always sent me messages and I just felt he was out there with me. I was really trying an extra bit harder for him as well and it was really special to win, given that as well. The studio look back at the battle between Stenson and Phil Mickelson on an epic final day at Royal Troon Stensons stunning final round of 63 was the joint-lowest in major history, with his final score of 264 the lowest winning total for any 72-hole major championship.When asked what winning a major meant to him, Stenson added: Its to have your name with the greats and the past champions.Its something quite special to be the first male Swede to win a major championship and for it to be the icing on the cake for my career. Tom Watson believes Stensons duel with Mickelson was similar to his shoot out with Jack Nicklaus in 1977 I have won some nice trophies and tournaments all around the world, the FedEx Cup and Race to Dubai, but a major championship was missing. But I am holding it now, so I am very pleased.His battle with Mickelson also evoked memories of the Duel in the Sun between Tom Watson and Jack Nicklaus at Turnberry in 1977, and Stenson says he enjoyed every minute of it. He added: You always enjoy the punches, dont you? Better than Duel in the Sun? Jack Nicklaus has hailed Sundays final-round battle at The Open… It was kind of the same on Saturday, we were going head-to-head for the whole weekend and I think it just brought the best out of both players.We played some extraordinary golf and at the start yesterday there were birdies and eagles. I finished off with some great birdies on the way home, so it was a very memorable day for me on the golf course. Also See: Stunning Stenson wins Open I felt this was my time Monty staggered by Stenson The putt that won The Open Cazzie Russell Jersey . Right-hander Ricky Nolasco and the Twins agreed to terms on a free-agent contract Wednesday, a person with knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press. Ivan Rabb Jersey . Claude Noel will be the man behind the bench when the team hits the ice of the MTS Centre to begin its inaugural season. https://www.cheapknicks.com/391x-dick-van-arsdale-jersey-knicks.html . With Bernard hurt, the second-round pick has emerged.Hill ran for 152 yards during a 27-10 win at New Orleans on Sunday, his second big game. He also ran for 154 yards against Jacksonville earlier this season.SAN FRANCISCO -- Hunter Pence followed his first long-term contract with his first game-ending hit with San Francisco. Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. "Honestly, they showed faith in me by giving me the contract and that lifted my spirits," said Pence, who formally signed a five-year with the club earlier in the day. "I wanted to show them why they should believe in me." Pences last walk-off hit came with the Philadelphia Phillies on May 15, 2012. "This game was a great way to go into the off-season," Pence said. "We have a team that battles and is scrappy. The last three weeks weve been playing that way and that gives us momentum heading into off-season." Francisco Peguero hit his first career home run leading off the ninth to tie it as Huston Street (2-5) blew his second save in 35 chances. "Thats a tough one, whether its April, May, June or . . . September," Padres manager Bud Black said. "Huston has been so reliable for us the past couple of years and it just goes to show that players are not invincible." Tony Abreu followed with a single and advance to second on Streets wild pitch. Brandon Belt walked and both runners advanced on a passed ball. After Buster Posey was intentionally walked, Pence, who had three RBIs, singled to centre to end the game. "You couldnt ask for a better story today with everything that happened," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "It felt like a playoff game. I guess the guys really wanted a piece of third place." Sergio Romo (5-8) pitched the ninth for the win as the Giants finished in a third place tie with the Padres, 16 games behind the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Jedd Gyorko hit a grand slam and Nick Hundley homered for the Padres. Gyorkos slam put an exclamation point on a sensational rookie season. He became the first rookie second baseman to lead his teamm in RBIs. Landry Fields Jersey. His 23 homers are the third most by a rookie second baseman ever. "Hes had a fabulous year, no doubt about it," Black said. "The power numbers, the defence and you add the time he missed where he could have added to those numbers. He had a good rookie season, theres no doubt about that." Tyson Ross pitched six innings, allowing three runs on seven hits. He walked one and struck out seven. He was 0-4 in his previous eight starts. Belt drove in two runs for the Giants, who lost their second straight. Pablo Sandoval also drove in a run. It also broke a 2-2 tie in the fifth. Walks to Alexi Amarista and Jesus Guzman sandwiched around Chris Denorfias single loaded the bases ahead of Gyorko, who was the first hitter faced by Giants reliever Kyle Dunning. Hundley led off the third with his 13th home run, a career high. Tommy Medica doubled home a run in the fourth. Barry Zito entered the game for one batter in the eighth, striking out Mark Kotsay in what was likely his last appearance in a Giants uniform. He received a standing ovation and acknowledged it with a wave of his cap to the entire stadium. "That was a special moment," Pence said. "He was in a zone and went to get the one out. It was powerful." Gregor Blanco left the game with two outs in the ninth with an apparent right knee injury. He collided with Angel Pagan while trying to make a play on Will Venables pinch hit triple. NOTES: The Giants end the season with a streak of 246 regular-season sellouts. ... The Giants had the best record within the NL West Division and won the season series against each of the other four teams. ... Sunday was the 59th anniversary of Willie Mays catch in game one of the 1954 World Series. ... Denorfia, who had three hits, ended the season with a seven-game hitting streak. ... Padres OF Mark Kotsay played in his 1,914th and final game. ... Gyorko hit the Padres second grand slam of the season and No. 135 in franchise history. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 899 Themen und 995 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 28 Benutzer (03.08.2021 21:48).

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen