Image and video hosting by TinyPic

s injury woes. "I think its all been pretty unfortunate stuff with Smitty and B

in Gästeecke 17.12.2019 07:26
von sakura698 • Neuling | 825 Beiträge

TORONTO - As a rookie last season, defender Nick Hagglund had to lug water coolers and other gear after each Toronto FC practice. Lindsey Hunter Jersey .There are other grunts to do that this season. But the affable 22-year-old from Cincinnati is still working his way up the pro sports pecking order.Which is why Hagglund is wearing No. 6 this season after giving up No. 17 to newly acquired star striker Jozy Altidore.A text from the club informed Hagglund of the change.To be fair, all the numbers favour Altidore.The U.S. international has a seven-figure salary that starts with a four. Hagglunds pay last season also started with a four, but was followed by a mere four numbers (US$48,500).Altidore has 856,000 Twitter followers. Hagglund has 1,860.It should be noted that Hagglund, a good sport whose face is fixed in a permanent smile, isnt complaining one bit about the number switch. Hes not expecting Altidore to leave him an Aston Martin with a bow on it in the Toronto FC parking lot.If he does, thats great, Hagglund joked. If he doesnt, its (just) a number.Just put some goals in the back of the net and Ill appreciate that.Hagglund, who wore No. 17 all four years at Xavier University, chose No. 6 because its a good centre back number. Its also his new wifes favourite number. His favourite number is nine, which is a six upside-down.A number is a number. Its how you play, thats what matters, said Hagglund.The six-foot-one defender had a busy off-season. He got married back home and honeymooned in Jamaica.The couple have now moved into Hagglunds old apartment.It looks a lot nicer now, he said with a giggle.Hagglund couldnt wait to get back. He arrived in Toronto three weeks early and has been working out with the coaches prior to the official start of camp.Taken 10th overall in last years SuperDraft, Hagglunds athleticism and confidence quickly won over former manager Ryan Nelsen.Greg Vanney, who took over after Nelsen was fired, said he too was pleasantly surprised by Hagglund, who started 23 games for a Toronto team that was thin on the backline.I think we relied upon him probably a little bit more than we should have, said Vanney, who like Nelsen is a former defender himself. And in fairness to him, he stepped up and he did a good job.But there is plenty more to learn, added Vanney.This is not going to be a defining year for him or anything like this. Its another year for him to work through the process of being a great player which is where hes going to end up at some time.Toronto has brought in Polish international Damien Perquis to partner Scottish veteran Steven Caldwell at the heart of defence. Hagglund, a threat in the air who can also play right back, will be learning from both.Toronto added to its depth at the heart of its defence by trading for Eriq Zavaleta and drafting Canadian Skylar Thomas and Clement Simonin.Hagglund isnt the only Toronto player to give up his number to a newly acquired star. Defender Doneil Henry, since moved to Englands West Ham, gave his No. 4 to Michael Bradley and wore No. 15 instead last season.Vanney never had to given up his number during his playing career. But, after starting with No. 18, he had to wait until No. 3 came open.New signing Sebastian Giovinco will wear No. 10 when he lands in Toronto.Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter Don Meineke Jersey . Ricciardos exclusion from the results tarnished what had been a day of celebration for local fans, who were jubilant that the Red Bull driver had apparently become the first Australian to finish on the podium at his home race. However just before midnight, stewards ruled that Ricciardos car had "exceeded consistently the maximum allowed fuel flow" and that the team refused an instruction from the races technical delegate Charlie Whiting to change the fuel-flow sensor before the race and a further request during the race to reduce the fuel flow. Khyri Thomas Jersey . On July 27 cyclings best-known race will host "La Course by Le Tour de France" -- a one-day womens competition staged hours before Tour riders race on the same circuit to finish the three-week event on Paris Champs-Elysees. https://www.cheappistonsonline.com/266y-bob-lanier-jersey-pistons.html .com) - Matt Duchene picked up the deciding goal early in the third period and added an assist, as Colorado escaped with a 4-3 victory over Dallas at Pepsi Center.TORONTO -- Tyler Bozak isnt yet on the cusp of returning. But when hes eligible to come off long-term injured reserve Dec. 29, the Toronto Maple Leafs centre figures his torn oblique will be healed up enough to get back into the lineup. "Its still getting better every day. It feels pretty good now," Bozak said Thursday. "If theres a problem, maybe, but right now it looks like Ill be back right when IR ends." Bozak has been out since Dec. 5 and missed Torontos home game Thursday night against Phoenix. And with the Leafs having placed him on the long-term list, Bozak must also miss upcoming games against Detroit, the New York Rangers and Buffalo before being free to return against Carolina three days before the Winter Classic. The 27-year-old skated with teammates Thursday at the Air Canada Centre but hes obviously on his own track while the Leafs seek to reverse their fortunes. After missing 12 games earlier this year with a hamstring injury, Bozak is dealing with another difficult problem with his oblique. "Kind of like the same thing last year but a lot worse this year," he said. "I dont know what it is, to be honest. "I kind of stressed it a lot on faceoffs. I think it mightve happened on that. I think its just pretty unlucky and nothing you can get too down on yourself about." Bozaks injury came with the Leafs already missing centre Dave Bolland, who still hasnt resumed skating after haviing a tendon in the back of his ankle severed in late October. Brandon Knight Jersey. The latest injury down the middle came Tuesday night against the Florida Panthers when impressive journeyman callup Trevor Smith broke a bone in his right hand blocking a shot. "I dont know whats going on with us," Bozak said of Torontos injury woes. "I think its all been pretty unfortunate stuff with Smitty and Bolly, things that you never want to see happen and they cant really control by any means." Bozak cant control much right now other than his rehab. Being forced to watch the Leafs go 3-5-0 without him certainly hasnt helped matters. "Its not fun to watch, its never fun to watch," Bozak said. "Its not fun to watch if youre winning or if youre losing. "Obviously you want to be out there helping the guys and stuff like that." Bozak is used to being able to help, typically as the No. 1 centre alongside roommate and friend Phil Kessel, who had two goals in the eight games prior to Thursdays contest with Phoenix. Bozak hasnt had any season like this before and is trying to stay positive. "Ive not really been injured at all, knock on wood, except for college I had surgery on my one knee the one year," he said. "My first years here I missed a handful of games each year, but nothing too serious. "Obviously its been tough, but I hope I can come back stronger and help the team." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 899 Themen und 995 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 28 Benutzer (03.08.2021 21:48).

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen