Image and video hosting by TinyPic

isfied." Japanese players took the next five

in Gästeecke 12.11.2019 04:25
von sakura698 • Neuling | 825 Beiträge

KITCHENER, Ont. Adam Cimber Indians Jersey . -- Brad Gushue overcame a sloppy game to beat Jake Higgs 10-4 at the 2013 Capital One Road to the Roar Olympic pre-trial curling tournament Wednesday. Gushue scored four in the second end, stole three in the fifth and two more in the sixth against Higgs, from Glencoe, Ont. The victory moves Gushues St. Johns, N.L., rink into Thursdays A-event final against John Morriss team from Kelowna, B.C., and Vernon, B.C. Both rinks will play for a berth in Saturday afternoons page playoff A-B game. Gushue said his team did just enough to get past Higgs. "It was a comedy of errors by both teams," said the 2006 Olympic gold-medallist. "Fortunately we made them try some pressure shots, and they didnt pull through. But it was not a well-curled game by either team." Morris advanced with a 10-5 win against Greg Balsdon of Elgin, Ont. Even in a triple-knockout competition, Gushue said he isnt taking anything for granted against Morris. "If you win, youre in great shape," said Gushue. "You get two cracks (at a Trials berth), and if you lose, you drop back into a B semi, so youre still two games out and youll end up playing some good teams. So its a bit of a desperation game. Not do-or-die, but its such a big advantage and you want to play hard for it." Balsdon and Higgs dropped to the B-Event with the losses. The womens A-event final Thursday will feature former world champion Kelly Scott of Kelowna taking on Renee Sonnenberg of Grande Prairie, Alta., with a berth in Saturdays A-B final on the line. Scott stole back-to-back points in the sixth and seventh ends to beat Krista McCarville of Thunder Bay, Ont., 6-5. Sonnenberg broke open a 4-4 game through seven ends by scoring one in the eighth, stealing one in the ninth and three more in the 10th for a 9-4 win over Laura Crocker of Edmonton. In womens B-event play, Tracy Horgan of Sudbury, Ont., was a 12-7 winner over Winnipegs Barb Spencer. Spencer had taken a 5-3 lead by scoring four in the fifth end, but Horgan immediately bounced back with four in the sixth and never trailed again. Two curlers from both the mens and womens events will earn the final four spots for the Roar of the Rings Canadian Curling Trials next month in Winnipeg. Joe Carter Jersey . According to the Red Wings Twitter feed, Zetterberg plans to practice with the team on Thursday and is aiming for a second round comeback. Charles Nagy Jersey . -- Kansas City Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer will be out three to six weeks with a stress fracture of the third finger of his right hand. https://www.cheapindiansonline.com/798u-a-j-cole-jersey-indians.html .Y. - Matt Harvey wants to make sure hes on the mound in late October — if the New York Mets get there for the first time since 2006.SHIMA, Japan -- Taiwans Teresa Lu won the Mizuno Classic on Sunday, birdieing the last two holes and six of the final eight for a two-stroke victory. The 25-year-old Lu, a regular on the Japan LPGA Tour after giving up her LPGA Tour membership in 2010, shot an 8-under 64 in windy, wet conditions at Kintetsu Kashikojima. She finished at 14-under 202 and earned $180,000 for her first professional title. "Ive been waiting for this day for so long," Lu said. "This is my first win. Its been eight years on tour. Im really happy. Really nervous and really happy. She made a 12-foot birdie putt on the par-4 18th. "I knew I have to go lower and get more birdies otherwise I was going to get in a playoff," Lu said. "Its better not a playoff. So I focus on the birdie." She has three runner-up finishes and 13 top-10s this season on the JLPGA. "Beginning of this year, I got into two playoffs and in both of them, I lose," Lu said. "I guess I really learned from that and just tried to be calm." South Koreas Chella Choi, tied with Lu with two holes to play, had a 66 to finish second. "I think I had very good confidence today," said Choi. "I just thinnk, OL, one putt, just one stroke. Buddy Bell Indians Jersey. So I think birdie and focus. I dont know why, not nervous. I think good experience for me. ... Its OK, though, because I played well today. Disappointed, but satisfied." Japanese players took the next five spots. Mamiko Higa and Yuki Ichinose shot 70 to tie for third at 10 under, Yumiko Yoshida (68) and Shiho Oyama (71) followed at 9 under, and Asako Fujimoto (71) was 8 under. Stacy Lewis, the 2012 winner, tied for eighth at 7 under after a 70. The American was the top-ranked player in the field at No. 3. "Its really hard out there," Lewis said. "I could have made some putts earlier I just couldnt seem to make any putts. But to shoot 2 under in this wind is a good score. Its pretty crazy what those two are doing today." American Brittany Lincicome, a stroke behind second-round leaders Higa, Ichinose and Oyama entering the day, had a 77 to tie for 29th at 2 under. Lu became the second Taiwanese winner in tournament. Ai-Yu Tu won in 1986 when the event was called the Mazda Japan Classic. Lu was asked if she planned to return to the LPGA Tour next season. "Probably, probably," she said. "Its big!" ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 899 Themen und 995 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 28 Benutzer (03.08.2021 21:48).

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen