Image and video hosting by TinyPic

er came on and allowed Espinosas two-run single. NOTES: Nati

in Gästeecke 20.11.2019 02:53
von sakura698 • Neuling | 825 Beiträge

NEWARK, N. Custom Jerseys Adidas .J. -- Once Martin Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils got to the shootout against the New York Islanders they were doomed. That is the way this season has gone, and it didnt matter that Brodeur was looking for a win in what might have been his final start after 20 seasons with the Devils. New Jersey just cant win in shootouts. The Devils lost their 13th this season and extended their NHL record for shootout ineptitude to 17 straight over the past two seasons, dropping a 3-2 decision to the Islanders on Friday night. "Almost comical," Devils goal scorer Ryan Carter said of the shootout woes. The Islanders were impressive in the shootout with Frans Nielsen, Josh Bailey and Ryan Strome scoring. Bailey and Strome had highlight goals, doing it with 360 spin-a-rama moves. Devils coach Pete DeBoer said after the game that he wants to play the soon-to-be 42 year-old Brodeur in the season finale against Boston at home on Sunday, but he will talk with the goalie before making a final decision. Brodeur was matter-of-fact about playing. "Every time I play could be my last game," Brodeur said. "Thats the way I kind of approach it. I wasnt sure I was going to play today, either. I was able to play and felt pretty good." Brodeur, the NHL career leader in wins (687) and shutouts (124), is in the last season of his contract. He won three Stanley Cup titles with the Devils. Cory Schneider is in line to be the Devils No. 1 goalie of the future. "It doesnt matter," Brodeur said. "The last game is the last game. Im going to reflect on having an unbelievable career in New Jersey regardless if I decide to stay . or I decide to go do something else. "For me, its not about my last performance. Its about what I accomplished in the whole." Carter and Patrik Elias scored for the Devils. Anders Lee and Strome had regulation goals for the Islanders in a matchup of teams that failed to make the playoffs this season. The Islanders put on a show in the shootout against Brodeur, who made 28 saves through overtime. Nielsen snapped a shot past Brodeur on New Yorks first try, and Damien Brunner tied it 1-1 with a shot high into the net against Anders Nilsson, who had 25 saves. "I was kind of guessing (Brodeur) was guessing a little bit," Nielsen said. ") just shot it quick." Bailey and Strome then dazzled the crowd, skating in on Brodeur, doing full turns in front of him and beating him with backhand shots. Jaromir Jagr lost the puck on the Devils second attempt, giving New York the win. The Islanders had tied it 2-2 with a power-play goal by Strome 19 seconds into the third period. Nielsen found Strome coming down the right side for a shot into the top corner that gave him his seventh goal of the season. The rest of the period belonged to the goalies. Brodeur stopped Casey Cizikas on a breakaway, and the four-time Vezina Trophy winner made a snapping glove save on Colin McDonald. Nilsson stopped a breakaway by Jagr, a rebound attempt by Dainius Zubrus, and a late chance on a wrist shot by Jagr. The opening minutes of overtime were just as exciting with Nilsson withstanding four Devils whacking at a loose puck in the crease. When the Islanders eventually cleared it, Brock Nelson got a breakaway, only to be stopped by Brodeur. New York had all four shots in the extra five minutes, thanks in part to a power play. Limited to a shot in the opening 10 minutes of the game, the Islanders grabbed the lead on their second shot. Nielsen poked the puck off the stick of Jagr, and Lee got the puck at centre ice. The rookie skated into the Devils zone and beat Brodeur to the corner at 10:04. New Jersey needed less than a minute to tie it with a goal from the fourth line. Stephen Gionta sent the puck behind the Islanders net. Steve Bernier threw a pass out front, and Carter got inside defenceman Kevin Czuczman for a slam dunk on Nilsson. Elias put New Jersey ahead 2-1 with 9 seconds left in the first period, taking a pass from Travis Zajac and beating Nilsson with a snap shot from between the circles. NOTES: Television analyst Glenn "Chico" Resch announced he is retiring from the Devils broadcast booth after 18 years. The 65-year-old Resch, an original Devils goalie, revealed his decision during the first intermission. ... The Islanders will finish the season at Buffalo on Sunday. Custom Jerseys Cheap . Jacob Jacques, Andrew Ryan and Jonathan Drouin also scored for Halifax (37-18-3), who outshot the Islanders 40-26. Kevin Darveau stopped 25 shots. Bradley Kennedy had the lone goal for Charlottetown (18-33-5), which has nine losses in its last 10 games. Custom Jerseys China . Wawrinka, who is seeded fourth, is in the top half of the draw with Serbian Novak Djokovic. The Swiss star outlasted Djokovic in a five-set quarterfinal thriller last year and stunned Spaniard Rafael Nadal in the final to capture his first-ever Grand Slam title. https://www.cheapcustomjerseysonline.com/ . They never thought it would take some blood, too. Kevin Love grabbed his 4,000th career rebound as part of a 19-point, 13-board effort to lead the Timberwolves over the Utah Jazz 112-97 on Tuesday night.SAN DIEGO -- The way Jordan Zimmermann was pitching, the San Diego Padres didnt have a chance. Zimmermann took a perfect game into the sixth inning and finished with a two-hitter and a career-high 12 strikeouts to lead the Washington Nationals to a 6-0 victory against the San Diego Padres on Sunday. His game plan worked perfectly for spacious Petco Park. "I was throwing strikes and the guys got me some runs early," he said. "My mentality changed to pour strikes into the zone and fill it up. Big ballpark, just let them hit the ball and I had a lot of strikeouts today which means my fastball was pretty good and I was able to locate it pretty good." Zimmermann (5-2) faced only two batters over the minimum as he walked none in his first complete game of the season and sixth of his career. It was his third career shutout. His previous career high was 11 strikeouts, which hed done twice. The Padres were shut out for the 10th time, tops in the majors, and for the second time in the three-game series. Tanner Roark and the Nationals beat the Padres 6-0 Friday night in a combined three-hitter. Zimmermann said he had a "pretty terrible" bullpen session before the game. "But I guess thats the way it works. When thats bad its usually a game, but when you have a good bullpen you have a good game." He said he didnt think about a no-hitter. "Thats really tough to do. My career numbers say I give up a hit an inning, so I figured they were going to get a hit at some point in the game. It was fun putting up the zeroes but the main thing was to go deep and win the ballgame." San Diegos offensive ineptness was glaring against Zimmermann. He retired the first 16 batters before Alex Amarista singled to right field. Zimmermann then struck out pinch-hitter Tommy Medica and Everth Cabrera to end the inning. "From the first pitch, he was in the strike zone again," manager Matt Williams said. "Strike one is important. He was able to do that today. Fastball command -- he was throwing it exactly where he wanted to throw it." "We just didnt see the ball," Padres manager Bud Black said. "We didnt pick it up off him. He pumped some fastballs on us early and mixed some breaking balls early on and we couldnt solve him.&quoot; The Padres entered the game with the lowest batting average in the majors, . Authentic Custom Jerseys. 220. In the span of seven games, they were two-hit twice -- also by Chris Sale of the Chicago White Sox -- and one-hit once, although they beat Pittsburgh in that game. "Even with that lead, he hit his spots," Cameron Maybin said of Zimmermann. "He doesnt walk very many people. Sometimes you have to tip your hat. Guys like that are tough to come back against. The guy is pretty good. "In our ballpark, if you can stay out of the middle of the plate, its always tough, especially with his stuff," Maybin said. "He did a great job of locating his pitches today." In his previous start, Zimmermann gave up five hits in eight shutout innings in a 7-0 win against Philadelphia. Ian Desmond hit his second two-run home run in as many games for the Nationals. Danny Espinosa and Jayson Werth each had three hits. San Diegos Seth Smith tripled leading off the eighth and was stranded. Padres left-hander Eric Stults (2-7) lasted only 2 1-3 innings, the shortest of his 85 career starts. He allowed six runs and eight hits, struck out two and walked none. Desmond hit a two-run homer to centre field in the second inning to give the Nationals a 3-0 lead. It was his 13th. He also hit a two-run homer Saturday night to give the Nationals the lead in a game they would lose 4-3 in 11 innings. Stults allowed three straight singles opening the third, including Adam LaRoches RBI base hit. After getting Ryan Zimmerman to line out to first, Stults allowed a single to Desmond to load the bases and was pulled. Tim Stauffer came on and allowed Espinosas two-run single. NOTES: Nationals 3B Anthony Rendon missed his second straight start after getting hit in the hand by a smash by Carlos Quentin on Friday night. Williams said Rendon should be able to play Monday. ... The Nationals open a four-game series at San Francisco on Monday night, when RHP Stephen Strasburg (5-4, 3.10) is scheduled to start against RHP Ryan Vogelsong (4-2, 3.39). ... Itll be a homecoming for Williams, who played his first 10 big league seasons with the Giants. ... The Padres are off Monday before opening a three-game series Tuesday at Philadelphia. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 899 Themen und 995 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 28 Benutzer (03.08.2021 21:48).

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen