Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ptors personnel as a right ankle sprain. He had 12 points and eight r

in Gästeecke 22.11.2019 03:06
von sakura698 • Neuling | 825 Beiträge

WASHINGTON - After three straight walk-offs, the Washington Nationals went for a cakewalk instead. Wholesale Vapormax 2019 . Sure, winning late over and over again is a thrill, but its not good for the blood pressure — not to mention the workload of the bullpen. Stephen Strasburg provided much of the salve Tuesday night, allowing one run and three hits over a season-high eight innings as the Nationals ran their winning streak to eight games with an 8-1 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks. "I guess its what the doctor ordered," Strasburg said. That, along with a six-run third inning. Asdrubal Cabreras bases-clearing double blew the game open, giving Washington an overdue breather in what is now its longest winning run since August 2012. "I think were just coming together," said shortstop Ian Desmond, who had four RBIs. "Weve kind of established our way, I guess you would say." Success had come with suspense for the Nats: four consecutive one-run games, including the last three decided by the final at-bat, and the last two in the 11th inning. But Strasburg (10-10) did just what the Nationals needed him to do: eat up innings to give the overtaxed relievers a break. He struck out four to give him an NL-leading 198 for the season, besting his previous single-season high of 197 in 2012 — the year he was shut down early after returning from elbow surgery. "The way Stephen pitched is, I hope, indicative of what were going to see in the future," Desmond said. "Hes been great a lot in his career, but tonight was one of those games where it was really fun to watch." The Nationals sent seven batters to the plate in the third before the Diamondbacks could record an out. Rookie Chase Anderson (7-5) faced six of them, allowing five singles and a walk before he was pulled in the shortest outing of his young career. Jayson Werths broken-bat single up the middle scored the first Nationals run, and Desmonds single brought in two more. After Bryce Harpers single loaded the bases, Anderson was pulled for Eury De La Rosa, who gave up Cabreras drive that took one bounce before hitting the wall in right-centre. "I just kind of didnt attack the guys like I should attack," Anderson said. "I think if you execute pitches and get ahead, you can kind of get anybody out. Thats just the name of the game." David Peraltas first-inning home run accounted for all the scoring for the Diamondbacks, who have lost four straight. MAYBE I SHOULDNT TELL THE SKIPPER Nationals manager Matt Williams praised Desmonds ability to "shorten down" on a swing that produced a pair of runs: "Hes going to get a bunch of homers, we know that, but when he can take a two-run single, hes feeling it and hes seeing the ball good." Oops. Turns out it was totally an accident. Desmond said he was just trying to fight off a pitch. "I dont know if I chose to shorten up," Desmond said. "I think the jammage probably shortened me up a little bit." ENDERS END GAME Diamondbacks CF Ender Inciarte grounded out in the ninth to finish an 0-for-4 night, ending his team rookie record hitting streak at 18 games. TRAINERS ROOM Nationals OF Nate McLouth will have surgery Thursday for a torn labrum in his right shoulder and is done for the year. He hit .173 with one home run and seven RBIs in 79 games in his first season in Washington. UP NEXT Arizonas Trevor Cahill (3-8, 4.68 ERA) faces Tanner Roark (12-7, 2.93) on Wednesday night in the third game of the four-game set. Nike Air VaporMax Black+Anthracite . The New York State Supreme Court only partially dismissed the lawsuit, meaning the case could be headed for trial. The tour announced a year ago that Singh would be suspended for saying in a Sports Illustrated story that he took deer antler spray, which was believed to contain the banned substance IGF-1. Cheap Vapormax 97 . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. http://www.clearancevapormax.com/cheap-off-white-vapormax-clearance.html . He was with the New York Jets in 2011 when the NFL locked out their players after they failed to agree on a new contract. Willy went undrafted but was given a look by four NFL teams before heading north. TORONTO -- It goes down as a comfortable win. But it was far from an impressive performance. "We set basketball back 15 years in the first half," Toronto Raptors head coach Dwane Casey quipped after his team defeated the Orlando Magic 105-90 at the Air Canada Centre Sunday night. "But like I told our guys, were going to have a lot of games where were going to have to grind it out," Casey said. "For whatever reason, we struggle in the first half and then come through, turn it on. "But I also think thats a little bit of growth on our part." After shooting a woeful 41.7 per cent from the field in the first half, the Raptors shot 12-for-14 in the third quarter to blow the game open on the way to win their second straight and fifth in six outings. "Just coming out with a different kind of intensity," point guard Kyle Lowry said when asked about the key to turning things around in the second half. "Weve got to figure out a way to start the game the way we start third quarters. "Thats how weve got to come out from now on." Lowry had 17 points in the third as the Raptors (31-25) widened a three-point halftime lead to 15. Lowry, who was just 1-for-7 from the field in the first half, hit all five of his attempts in the third quarter. He had four from beyond the three-point arc in the period, including a 25-footer at the buzzer which brought the crowd of 17,435 to their feet. Lowry scored the final 14 points for the Raptors in the third quarter and the first two of the fourth quarter as Toronto stretched the lead to as much as 18 points. Toronto is six games above .500 for the first time since Feb.. Fake Vapormax 2. 24, 2010, when they were also 31-25. Facing the struggling Magic (17-41), the Raptors were uncharacteristically sloppy, turning the ball over 24 times, which led to 25 Orlando points and allowed the visitors to keep the game close. "Were not that good of a team to just ease our way into the game," Lowry said. "Weve got to come out and play with our hard-nosed and hard-headed intensity from the start." Lowry scored 28 points, including four three-pointers to run his career-high mark to 134 this season. DeMar DeRozan added 24 points for the Raptors, who had five players score in double-figures. Amir Johnson left midway through the third quarter with what was described by Raptors personnel as a right ankle sprain. He had 12 points and eight rebounds in 23 minutes before leaving. Casey said it didnt appear Johnson hurt it as badly as earlier in the season when he missed two games. Tobias Harris matched Lowrys 28 points to lead Orlando, which fell to 3-26 on the road. It was the Magics 15th straight loss away from home. The Raptors led 19-14 after the first quarter; 44-41 at the half and 80-65 going into the fourth. "You cant put your finger on the slow starts," DeRozan said. "Maybe we like a challenge sometimes by putting ourselves in a tough situation, so we can fight our way out. "We have to stop that and understand that we have to come out of the gate, so we dont make the game that hard on us." The Raptors visit the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday before returning home to host the Washington Wizards on Thursday and the Golden State Warriors next Sunday afternoon. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 899 Themen und 995 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 28 Benutzer (03.08.2021 21:48).

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen