Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ite: I owe everything to Barcelona, the club that has given me th

in Gästeecke 22.11.2019 03:06
von sakura698 • Neuling | 825 Beiträge

Two men were charged Thursday with conspiracy to defraud as part of an investigation into a suspected Singapore-based international betting syndicate which allegedly fixed non-league football matches in England. Hector Velazquez Jersey . The National Crime Agency, which is leading the investigation, said a seventh person had also been arrested following an undercover operation by Britains Daily Telegraph newspaper. He has been released on bail with the four others. ChannSankaran, a 33-year-old Singapore national, and Krishna Sanjey Ganeshan, a 43-year-old with dual British and Singapore nationality, will appear at a magistrates court in Cannock, central England, on Friday, the NCA said. They have been charged with conspiring to defraud bookmakers "by influencing the course of football matches and placing bets thereon" between Nov. 1-26. The maximum prison sentence for the offence is 10 years. "The Crown Prosecutions Organised Crime Division found sufficient evidence and was satisfied it was in the public interest toauthorize charges of conspiracy to defraud," the NCA said in a statement. The Telegraph reported that three of the original six people arrested are footballers, with another reportedly a former Premier League player who is now an agent. Games played in the fifth tier or lower of English football are the focus of the investigation, with the Premier League confirming Thursday that it has not been contacted by police in relation to the case. The Football League, which runs the three professional divisions below the Premier League, has already said it has not been involved in the investigation. The fifth-tier Football Conference said it is "aware" of the alleged match-fixing case. "The Football Conference takes all matters relating to the integrity of the game very seriously," it said in a statement, "but it cannot make any comment on todays story as it would be inappropriate to do so." The Telegraphs website published a covertly recorded video in which it says one of the fixers claimed matches could be fixed for 50,000 pounds ($81,380). He also claimed to have connections with Wilson Raj Perumal, the Singaporean who was sentenced to two years in prison in Finland in 2011 for bribing players in the Finnish football league. Match-fixing, fuelled by unregulated betting markets in Asia, is widely viewed by footballs authorities as one of the biggest scourges on the game. Europol, the European Union police liaison agency, said in February that it reviewed 680 suspicious recent cases of match-fixing but the organizations chief of media and PR, Soren Pedersen, said Thursday he was unable to comment on whether this latest case was linked to that investigation. "Unfortunately, this is not a problem that has disappeared," Pedersen told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "Theres definitely enough for police still to do to look into this crime phenomenon." The last major match-rigging convictions in English football were in the 1960s. Peter Swan, David Bronco Layne and Tony Kay, who were all in or on the fringe of the England team, were jailed for four months and banned for life for corruption. In 1994, three then-Premier League players -- goalkeepers Bruce Grobbelaar and Hans Segers and striker John Fashanu -- were alleged by a newspaper to have fixed matches. The trio was acquitted following two trials after juries were unable to reach a verdict. And in 1999, four men linked to a Malaysian-based betting syndicate were jailed for three years for plotting to sabotage floodlights ahead of Charltons match against Liverpool that year as part of a match-fixing plot. "Its no surprise to see that it has hit the U.K.," Pedersen said of the latest global wave of match-fixing cases. "Its not only south-east Asia that has problems, but Greece, Albania, Turkey and Italy of course. Its in central and northern Europe. Even a country like Finland, which is not normally linked to bribery or corruption, have had several cases. Also in Hungary, there are things going on. Its practically all over Europe." One of the biggest recent alleged fixing plots was unearthed in Australia where four English players were charged in September in a criminal investigation. Before heading to Australia to play for the Melbourne club Southern Stars, the men played in Englands lower leagues. Bobby Doerr Red Sox Jersey . As a follow-up, TSN.ca offers you the opportunity to chime in on all the big issues with our insiders. Read up on all the questions and answers, and put in your own two cents on our popular Your Call feature. Brock Holt Jersey . Striker Dario Mandzukic scored the opener in the 22nd minute but was given a red card nine minutes later for a reckless tackle and left Croatia with 10 men for the remainder of the match. https://www.cheapredsox.com/2371z-jason-varitek-jersey-red-sox.html . -- The defending Canadian womens curling champions squandered an opportunity to take sole possession of first place in the standings Tuesday at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts.Barcelona are back in red-hot form and they head to Real Betis on Saturday knowing that three more wins will help them seal the La Liga title. Luis Enriques side looked set to coast to the crown until back-to-back defeats to Real Sociedad and Valencia, which sandwiched their Champions League elimination at the hands of Atletico Madrid.But since that triple setback Barca have bounced back in style, scoring 14 goals without reply against Deportivo La Coruna and Sporting Gijon, and know three more wins is sure to prove enough, live on Sky Sports 3 HD from 7.15pm. They go to Betis level on points with second-placed Atletico but top of the table courtesy of their head-to-head record, with Real Madrid still hoping to capitalise on any further setbacks a point behind the top two. Claudio Bravo says defeats were wake-up calls Barcelona goalkeeper Claudio Bravo insists his sides dramatic recent slump in form can act as the wake-up call they need in order to wrap up another title.We had a couple of setbacks. Those accidents were wake-up calls, because we now have no more room left for error, he said. Luiz Suarez scored four as Barcelona go top of La Liga after a 6-0 victory over Sporting Gijon It has helped to keep clean sheets in the last two games. It was a different story in other games and wwe must have confidence in ourselves. Josh Taylor Jersey. fter the way they bounced back in their last two games, Barcelona will be big favourites at Betis, whom they have beaten in each of their last five meetings. Jeremy Mathieu will not be fit to take part Jeremy Mathieu will not be fit to take part despite returning to training following a knee operation while Betis trio Bruno, Juan Manuel Vargas and Didier Digard all face late tests.Betis go into the game in 13th place after a disappointing 2-0 derby defeat to Sevilla last Sunday.Defender Martin Montoya - who spent 15 years at Barcelona before being loaned out to Inter Milan and then Betis in February - insisted he would have no split loyalties ahead of the fixture. The weekly look at all the stories and headlines from the Spanish Press Montoya told his clubs official website: I owe everything to Barcelona, the club that has given me the chance to play at the highest level in the Primera Division. It will always be home to me.I have always said I want Barca to win every title possible because it is the team where I have always been and has given me the opportunity to grow.[But] I am defending the shirt of Betis and I want to play and win again this weekend. The goal of this team is to get as high in the league as possible and I owe it to them to help them. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 899 Themen und 995 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 28 Benutzer (03.08.2021 21:48).

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen