Image and video hosting by TinyPic

r and past Luongo for a 2-0 Blues lead with 2:26 remaining in the

in Gästeecke 23.11.2019 01:48
von sakura698 • Neuling | 825 Beiträge

GLASGOW, Scotland - When Ariane Fortin missed out on the London Olympics, she took her frustration and heartbreak to the gym. Oakland Athletics Shirts .And she worked, until strength replaced heartache and all the anger was gone. It took years.Now the 29-year-old, whose heated battle with Mary Spencer for a spot on the Olympic team was chronicled in the documentary Last Woman Standing, is gunning for gold at the Commonwealth Games.Those three years (from Olympic qualifying until now) were really hard, Ive got to say. For sure they were hard, Fortin said. But I feel like its shown me I have mental toughness that I didnt even know I have.I was not always strong and on top of things. Im really proud of what I went through because it really made me better and stronger.The St. Nicholas, Que., native will step into the ring Tuesday against Phathiswa Thingana of South Africa.Fortin and Spencer have been two of Canadas finest female boxers for years — Fortin is a two-time world champion while Spencer has won three world titles.They were also great friends. So it was a bittersweet moment when the International Olympic Committee announced it was adding womens boxing to the schedule for the London Olympics, but only three of the eight weight classes would be contested.Fortin and Spencer were forced to move up to the same weight class — 75 kilos — and the friends became fierce foes.Spencer beat Fortin for the spot on the Olympic team, and was touted as one of Canadas gold-medal favourites in London. But once there, she lost her first bout and was eliminated.Fortin lost her Own The Podium funding. There are shots of a forlorn Fortin working out alone in her Quebec gym in Last Woman Standing.Months went by before she could bring herself to watch footage of boxers in her weight class competing in London.I dont remember when it was but it was a few months after that I sat in my living room and watched the whole thing, Fortin said. It was kind of emotional, intense. But I needed to do that, and now its past me. I really feel like its past me.Its been really hard but I feel like Ive gained a lot from it, and now Im really in a positive mood.Without a spot on the national team, though, the few fights Fortin has had over the last three years shes arranged herself.Then Fortin defeated Spencer twice to earn a spot on the Commonwealth Games team. Her confidence grew at a recent international tournament in Poland, where she won three of her four fights.I didnt know where I was internationally, what level, Fortin said. And this tournament, it really gave me confidence, it really showed me that I was at that level, and those three years that we spent at home, we didnt just spend them waiting for nationals. We really trained hard and really believed that we could beat Mary. Its funny but Ive had some comments about my fights ... people who knew me before, and said, Wow youve improved a lot. Canadian coach Daniel Trepanier said hes seen the growth in Fortin, who arrived at the Games with just 15 losses in 130 bouts.For sure not making the Olympics in 2012, seeing Mary go to London, made her stronger, it gave her more will to go further, said Trepanier.He wasnt surprised the seven-time Canadian champion decided to stick at it, resetting her sights on Rio, rather than retiring.Its every athletes dream to go the Olympics, Trepanier said. And right now, shes in the drivers seat. Shes now one of the top athletes in the world.Fortin and Trepanier hope the IOC will eventually increase the number of womens weight classes at Olympics, but it wont happen before Rio.Thats what it is for now, Fortin said. Marys still boxing. Of course Im going to face her again at nationals. Nationals is going to be a hard tournament in 2015.I know its not going to be given to me. Now that Ive passed the national level, now Ive beaten Mary ... Ive still got to work. This is just the beginning and I have to be very conscious of that.Mandy Bujold is Canadas other female boxer in Glasgow. The world champion from Toronto, who boxes in the 51-kilo division, is scheduled to fight Wednesday.Womens boxing made its Pan American Games debut three years ago in Guadalajara, Mexico. Spencer and Bujold both won gold there. Cheap Athletics Jerseys . Parmelee hit a game-ending shot in the ninth inning and the Minnesota Twins overcame David Ortizs big night to beat the Boston Red Sox 8-6 on Tuesday. Athletics Jerseys 2020 . Therrien would not confirm his lineup for the game, but he did have the same line combinations practicing together for the third straight day which is usually a pretty good indication of what the lineup will be. https://www.cheapathleticsonline.com/ . It will mark the 22nd time the tournament has been held in this country and fourth in Atlanta Canada but will make its first appearance ever in played Nova Scotia.St. Louis, MO (SportsNetwork.com) - Chris Porter scored the game-winning goal with 1:54 remaining in the third period to lead the St. Louis Blues to a 4-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Monday. Maxim Lapierre, Ian Cole and Paul Stastny all scored for St. Louis, which has won its last two games. Martin Brodeur made 32 saves in his home debut. It wasnt pretty, but we got it done, said Brodeur. Theres games that are going to be a lot easier to win, but this one was a tough one. Nick Bjugstad and Aaron Ekblad both lit the lamp for Florida, which received 24 stops from Roberto Luongo in defeat. Disappointed to lose the way we lost at the end, but I thought we battled hard and competed hard with a really good club, Panthers head coach Gerard Gallant said. With the game tied at 2-2, Porter redirected Barret Jackmans right point shot and Stastny tallied an empty-net goal with 32 seconds remaining to seal the win. The Panthers appeared to get on the board 2:30 into the game as Tomas Kopecky rushed through the slot and fired a shot that Brodeur squeezed with his pads. The play was reviewed, but it was ruled no goal. Just over eigght minutes into the contest, the Blues had a 5-on-3 advantage for 1:54, but Luongo came up big and denied Jori Lehtera with his right pad on a tip-in attempt in tight. Oakland Athletics Pro Shop. Lapierre fired a shot from the right side that deflected off Panthers forward Vincent Trochecks skate and into the net to give St. Louis the lead 11:17 into the opening stanza. Coles slap shot from the high slot deflected off a Panthers defender and past Luongo for a 2-0 Blues lead with 2:26 remaining in the first. Bjugstad cut Floridas deficit in half after he elected to shoot instead of pass on a 2-on-1, and his wrister found twine over Brodeurs shoulder with 4:39 to play in the middle frame. The Panthers pulled even with 5:06 remaining as Ekblad jumped up on the play and beat Brodeur with a wrister from the right circle. Game Notes St. Louis has won five straight games against Florida ... The Blues improved to 13-3-1 when scoring first ... Panthers forward Dave Bolland returned to the lineup after missing 21 games with a groin injury ... The season series will conclude on Feb. 15 at BB&T Center. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 899 Themen und 995 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 28 Benutzer (03.08.2021 21:48).

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen