Image and video hosting by TinyPic

arter, and then the quarterback fumbled the ball away

in Gästeecke 27.11.2019 07:01
von sakura698 • Neuling | 825 Beiträge

ANAHEIM – Teemu Selanne wanted to do something nice for Sami Vatanen. Richie Martin Jersey . His fellow Finn, 21 years his junior, had just arrived in Anaheim and was hoping to stick with the Ducks. The way Selanne saw it, if Vatanen was going to make it in southern California, he needed to have his own wheels. So the future Hall of Famer, an avid car collector, decided to lend Vatanen, a smooth-skating defenceman, one of his. A Mercedes CLK to be precise. "I havent seen it in a year-and-a-half," Selanne said with a chuckle. "I dont know if I like that car actually," Vatanen said with a big smile, "but its free." Selanne and Saku Koivu, another Finnish veteran, have mentored Vatanen, Anaheims fourth round pick in 2009, over the last couple of years. Koivu and his wife Hanna, for example, helped Vatanen get his apartment set up. "You can tell that both of them have taken Sami under their wing," said Ducks defenceman Ben Lovejoy. "Hes not even their little brother, hes sort of their son." Told of that statement, the 43-year-old Selanne doesnt miss a beat noting, "He could be." The groundwork laid by Selanne and Koivu paid dividends in the regular season as Vatanen was the third leading scorer among Ducks defencemen picking up 21 points in just 48 games. "Its a big thing," said Vatanen. "Ive been watching those guys for a while. It was fun to get a chance to play with them and its more fun even in the playoffs." Vatanen played in just nine of Anaheims final 32 regular-season games and started the playoffs in the minors with Norfolk in the American Hockey League. He was recalled in time for Game 3 of the series with the Los Angeles Kings making an immediate impact. Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau even went so far as to label the youngster the best player on the ice on either team on Thursday night. Vatanen didnt slow down in his second career NHL playoff game on Saturday night, picking up his first post-season point, an assist on Ryan Getzlafs power play goal. He was also on the ice for Devante Smith-Pellys goal earlier in the period. "Just some confidence on the back end," said Lovejoy when asked what Vatanen brings to the table. "Getting offence against the Kings is difficult and having another smart puck mover back there is only going to put our forwards in better position to create offence." It is the 5-foot-10, 183-pound Vatanens gutsy play, which impresses Selanne the most. "Hes a warrior out there," said Selanne. "Hes not the biggest guy out there, but he doesnt avoid the traffic. Hes putting himself in a situation where hes going to get hit and give hits. Its fun to watch when young guys and small guys can do that. And obviously the way he can see the game and pass. He can make a huge difference." Selanne is nearing the end of his decorated career and takes great pride in being able to help an up-and-coming Finnish player find his way. After all, it was Teppo Numminen who helped a young Selanne navigate some early-career growing pains in Winnipeg. "I remember how much he helped me and thats why I want to do my job as well. And its fun and you see how much they appreciate it and how life is easier when you have help here and there," Selanne said. "Thats what we have done for years. Its so much easier for a young guy when theres a countryman who wants to help and makes things easier and gets you settled down. Thats a very important part of our job." In a way, Selannes career has come full circle as he passes the torch to the next rising Finnish star on the Ducks. So, did Numminen lend Selanne a car back in the day? "Actually, I let him drive my car," Selanne said with a grin. Some things never change. Luis Aparicio Jersey . Lineup news, Fantasy tips and more in Scott Cullen’s Statistically Speaking. HEROES Blake Comeau – The Penguins winger had a hat trick in a 4-3 overtime win against Toronto. Lee Smith Jersey . On Saturday, the paths of Drew Tate and Kevin Glenn cross again as opposing quarterbacks. https://www.cheaporioles.com/528i-tom-phoebus-jersey-orioles.html . Lupul injured the hand in a fall at practice on Thursday. He will wear a cast for a minimum of 10 days before he can put a glove back on it and get some mobility back, said Carlyle, who added the winger wont go on the teams upcoming road trip.KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Indianapolis Colts had watched the Kansas City Chiefs march downfield for an easy score on the first series of the game, yet nobody on their sideline seemed to be worried. In fact, it seemed as if their confidence soared. Andrew Luck answered by calmly picking apart the Chiefs defence, Donald Brown had touchdowns running and receiving, and the Colts didnt allow another point the rest of the way in a 23-7 victory Sunday that could turn into a preview of an AFC wild-card game. If Indianapolis ends up as the No. 4 seed in the playoffs and with the Chiefs assured of the fifth seed, the two teams would meet again in two weeks at Lucas Oil Stadium. Kansas Citys chances of winning the AFC West were dashed earlier Sunday when Denver beat Houston. "There was no panic," said the Colts Jerrell Freeman, who had two interceptions. "When they got that touchdown we were like, Aww, its OK. Its just execution, and us not trying to panic." Instead, it was the Chiefs (11-4) who looked as if they panicked. Alex Smith threw for 153 yards, but he fumbled once and was picked off twice. Knile Davis also fumbled the ball away, and the Chiefs were hit with several key penalties that scuttled any chance of mounting a second-half comeback in the frigid weather at Arrowhead Stadium. "Well see them again," Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson said. "Theyve got the upper hand on us right now because in their minds they think they can beat us. If we go down there, it will be a different story. But weve got to fight our way back." The AFC South-champion Colts (10-5) have beaten the Chiefs in five of their last six games. Jamaal Charles ran for 106 yards and the games opening score, but Kansas City failed to keep him involved as the Colts scored the final 23 points. Luck finished with 241 yards passing, while Brown gashed a decent run defence despite working behind a patchwork offensive line. Adam Vinatieri also had three field goals for the Colts, who didnt commit a turnover. "Thats what coach (Chuck) Pagano has preached since Ive been with the club," Luck said. "Limit turnovers on offence and create turnovers on defence." Early on, the Chiefs appeared as if they were goinng to pick up right where they left off last week, when they hung 56 points on the Raiders. Tippy Martinez Jersey. They marched downfield on the opening drive, and Charles took a carry around the right side 31 yards for a touchdown. The Colts defence stiffened after that, though, and the closest Kansas City came to scoring again in the first half came when Ryan Succop yanked a 47-yard field goal wide left. "It was a team effort in not a very good way," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. "You cant pull your foot off the accelerator when you get out that quick." Meanwhile, Indianapolis kept taking advantage of breakdowns in the Kansas City pass defence, the most glaring one coming after running back Knile Davis fumbled in the second quarter. Brown leaked out of the backfield unnoticed by the Kansas City defence, Luck hit him with a dump-off pass that he took virtually untouched 33 yards for a score. "I think they busted the coverage," Brown said, "so that made my job a lot easier." Browns job wasnt a whole lot tougher when the Colts got the ball back in the third quarter off Smiths interception. He raced through a gaping hole, then tight-rope walked down the sideline 51 yards for a score — a video review showed that he somehow stayed inbounds. Vinatieri added to the Colts cushion with his third field goal, capping a drive kept alive by a defensive hold and a taunting penalty after the Chiefs had already held on third down. Smith was picked off again by Freeman in the end zone midway through the fourth quarter, and then the quarterback fumbled the ball away with 3:24 left to seal the game. "The way we opened up, marching down the way we did, it felt like things were going to be the way theyve been," Smith said. "We really didnt get into a rhythm after that, didnt execute in any area, and then the turnovers. The turnovers hurt you." NOTES: Vinatieri has now scored 1,993 points, passing fellow kicker Jason Elam for seventh on the NFLs career list. ... Three of the Chiefs four losses have come at Arrowhead Stadium. ... Kansas City had scored 101 points the last two weeks. ... The Colts started their seventh offensive line combination and fifth in five games. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 899 Themen und 995 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 28 Benutzer (03.08.2021 21:48).

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen