Image and video hosting by TinyPic

. They scored 10 runs I need to win this game." Atlanta s

in Gästeecke 13.12.2019 07:21
von sakura698 • Neuling | 825 Beiträge

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. Tom McMillen Jersey . -- Kobe Bryant is back in practice with the Los Angeles Lakers, and even the five-time NBA champion gets a charge out of getting back to work. Bryant participated in his second full workout with the Lakers at their training complex on Tuesday. He still isnt sure when hell be back in uniform, but hes grateful to take the next step in his recovery from a torn Achilles tendon. "Its always a much greater appreciation for it," Bryant said, his forehead beaded with post-practice sweat. "You understand the mortality that comes with being on that doorstep. Theres always a sense of enjoyment when you come back. ... Put the jersey on, you walk out in practice, and felt like it was 97 again and I was getting my first start as a pro." Bryant isnt setting a return date, but acknowledged he could see himself returning to the Lakers later this month. Coach Mike DAntoni said Bryant will return whenever he says hes ready, although the Lakers next game against Golden State on Friday is very unlikely. The fourth-leading scorer in NBA history hasnt played since tearing his Achilles tendon in a game against Golden State in April. He did several weeks of conditioning work before returning to practice last Saturday for a brief workout. Bryant did drills and 5-on-5 play with the Lakers on Tuesday. He says hes "pleasantly surprised" by how good he felt afterward. "I just went out there and just played," Bryant said. "Just tried to do what I normally do and figure some things out about my game, what can I do and what cant I do at this stage. Just try to figure out the route." Bryant says he could adjust his game and contribute something to the Lakers right now, but he wants to make sure hes ready to play for the long haul when he returns for his 18th NBA season. "Its definitely something where youre kind of champing at the bit a little bit, but weve come so far," he said. "I want to make sure, we all do, when you step out there youre ready to go the long haul, and its not something that continues on. ... You just have to get stronger, but I could adjust my game and play at a pretty high level right now." Bryants self-evaluation isnt about praising his strengths, such as his better-than-expected upper-body strength, but finding his weaknesses. Hes also withholding judgment until he figures out how his body responds Wednesday morning. "Youve got to be honest with yourself, and if you have those limitations, then youve got to figure out a way to be effective around those," Bryant said. "You cant be stubborn about that. If there are certain things that I used to do that I cant do now. I wont try to do them. Ive got to figure out another way." Bryants teammates were uniformly impressed with his condition and mobility in his first workouts back from a serious injury. DAntoni allows Bryant and trainer Gary Vitti to plot the superstars comeback pace, and the coach didnt encourage his players to go easy on Bryant. "They had better beat him up while they can, because when he gets better, they wont be able to," DAntoni said. "Im sure theyll take their shots early. ... Hes going to be a little rusty. Hes going to make mistakes. But if he feels good, and when he feels like, You know what? I can do this, then thats what he should do, and hes the only one that can (say) that." During his recovery, Bryant has spent plenty of time with Steve Nash, the 39-year-old point guard currently sidelined with the latest in a series of injuries. Nash is out for at least another week with nerve root irritation, a back problem stemming from a broken leg last season. Bryant and Nash intend to be back in the Lakers lineup together soon. Los Angeles is off to a 5-7 start in Bryants absence and with little help from Nash. But Bryant is impressed by his younger teammates, particularly Jordan Hill. The energetic big man has been outstanding since joining the starting lineup four games ago, capped by his career highs of 24 points and 17 rebounds in a win over Detroit last Sunday. "Weve got a bunch of competitors," Bryant said. "Weve got a bunch of guys that can step up and compete. Thats the most important thing. Weve got guys that are willing to do whatever it takes to win. Ive been extremely proud of the way weve competed." Joe Caldwell Jersey . Playing in his fourth major league game, Polanco broke a tie in the 13th inning with his first homer, helping Pittsburgh to an 8-6 victory over the Miami Marlins after the Pirates had a ninth-inning meltdown. Chandler Parsons Jersey . Granlund scored 2:04 into the first period. Max Reinhart, on his first NHL shift of the season, neatly stripped the puck from Zack Smith at the Senators blue-line. As he moved in, his attempted shot deflected into the slot where Granlund buried a shot past Craig Anderson. https://www.cheaphawks.com/1334r-steve-smith-jersey-hawks.html . The Philadelphia Eagles acquired running back Darren Sproles from the New Orleans Saints for a fifth-round draft pick on Tuesday.DENVER -- The Atlanta Braves scored early and often and they needed nearly every one of those runs to beat the Colorado Rockies. Andrelton Simmons hit his first career grand slam as part of a seven-run first inning, and the Braves held on to beat Colorado 13-10 on Tuesday night. Evan Gattis had a home run among his three hits and Freddie Freeman also homered for the Braves, who had season-highs of 16 hits and 13 runs but had to sweat out a win in the late innings. "Nothing surprises me in this ballpark," Atlanta manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "Ive been in this office in the same situation with a loss hanging over your head." The teams combined for 29 hits and neither starter made it out of the fifth inning. Rockies right-hander Juan Nicasio lasted just 3 2-3 innings and Atlantas Mike Minor left after giving up two hits to start the fifth. David Hale (2-0) pitched 2 1-3 innings of relief for the win. "I wasnt making quality pitches early on and later on I felt like I was making better pitches and couldnt get out of a jam," Minor said. "They were scoring all night." The Rockies trailed 13-9 when reliever Jordan Walden walked the bases loaded with no outs in the eighth. One out later Shae Simmons came on and allowed a sacrifice fly by Justin Morneau but then struck out Josh Rutledge to end the threat. Craig Kimbrel struck out the side in the ninth for his 18th save in 21 chances. "Kimbrel was great," Gonzalez said. "We score seven in the first inning and we needed a shutdown inning." Nicasio had a scary moment when he deflected a line drive by Justin Upton with his glove in the bottom of the first. Nicasio fractured his neck and sustained a concussion when he was hit in the head by a line drive on Aug. 5, 2011. He missed the rest of his rookie season. "That was scary. You definitely look at his past history and know what happened," shortstop Troy Tulowitzki said. "Its something you dont want to see. But Juan is a tough kid. I think hes really over that." The Braves also had a scare when Upton gingerly ran the bases in the first. Gonzalez removed him from the game before Atlanta took the field in the bottom of the inning. Gonzalez and Upton said it wasnt serious and he could play in the next couple of days. "I dont know how its going to feel tomorrow but Im optimistic its not anything too serious," UUpton said. Hawks Jerseys China. Wilin Rosario homered and Rutledge had three hits for Colorado, which has lost 10 of 11 and 15 of 18 to fall six games below .500. The Braves jumped on Nicasio right away. Jayson Heyward doubled then B.J. Upton tripled and scored on a groundout. Four straight singles made it 3-0 and loaded the bases for Simmons, who went deep to centre to make it 7-0. "Its a lot of fun, especially being an offensive player and being able to bat around and score a lot of runs," said Chris Johnson, who had his second straight three-hit game. "Everybodys in a good mood because everyone hit and did well." Atlanta sent 10 batters to the plate in the inning, and Colorado nearly matched it in the bottom of the frame. The Rockies scored three times on Rosarios single, Morneaus sacrifice fly and a bases-loaded walk to DJ LeMahieu Minor walked three batters and hit another and needed 38 pitches to get out of the first with a 7-3 lead. "Me and Gattis, before we walked out we said were going to act like its a 0-0 game," Minor said. "I couldnt throw a curveball for a strike. They eliminated every offspeed pitch and fastballs, I was barely missing the plate." He gave his team an 8-3 lead with an RBI single in the third but then allowed two more runs in the bottom of the inning, including a run-scoring single to Nicasio. It wasnt enough for the right-hander, who left in the fourth after solo homers by Freeman and Gattis, who scored a career-high four runs. Nicasio (5-5) allowed a career-high 10 runs and 11 hits. He has given up at least five runs and nine hits in his last three starts. His ERA has risen from 3.60 to 5.70 in the three outings, all losses. "I didnt worry about that line drive to me. I didnt do my job today," Nicasio said. "I feel bad for my team. They scored 10 runs I need to win this game." Atlanta scored three times off reliever Chad Bettis in the sixth to make it 13-8. NOTES: Gattis extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a single in the first inning. ... Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez had a small tumour removed from his left index finger. The procedure was performed in Cleveland. ... The Braves activated Walden from the 15-day DL and optioned LHP Alex Wood to Triple-A Gwinnett. ... Atlanta RHP Julio Teheran (6-3, 1.89) will face LHP Tyler Matzek, who will make his major league debut for the Rockies on Wednesday night. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 899 Themen und 995 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 28 Benutzer (03.08.2021 21:48).

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen