Image and video hosting by TinyPic

n she broke in the opening game of the second set, but

in Gästeecke 14.12.2019 08:53
von sakura698 • Neuling | 825 Beiträge

Kyle Walker breathed a sigh of relief after hearing Mauricio Pochettino had agreed a new Tottenham contract and insists the clubs title challenge is not over yet. Brooklyn Nets Gear . Pochettino has struck a verbal agreement over a two-year extension, which will keep him at White Hart Lane until 2021 - the deal is now with the Argentinians lawyers and expected to be confirmed in the coming days.Manchester United, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain had all reportedly considered Pochettino for their top jobs next season after the 44-year-old led Spurs to second in the Premier League and all-but secured Champions League qualification. Walker was being interviewed at Tottenhams training ground on Friday as Pochettino announced his new deal and when the full-back was told, his reaction was telling.Ive been waiting for someone to say that for ages now! Hes said it? Thank goodness for that. Im over the moon, Walker said.It is a relief. There is always going to be speculation. It happens all the time. Kyle Walker (L) has hailed Mauricio Pochettinos influence on Spurs after news broke he had verbally agreed to stay This player is going here, this manager is going there but I think thats not for me to talk about or for any other player to talk about. We just need to conduct ourselves professionally.Pochettino is an immensely popular figure in the Tottenham dressing room and it is understood there was a growing nervousness among the players about their head coachs future.The squads young crop are particularly loyal with the likes of Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Erik Lamela and Danny Rose, as well as Walker, all enjoying remarkable progress under his tutelage. Mauricio Pochettino explains why hes extending his contract at Tottenham. The new deal could keep there until 2021 For me, hes not just the manager on the pitch but its how he is off the pitch. That says everything for me, Walker said.Some of the managers that have come in, you know...theres young players here now and sometimes they do need an arm around them and to say, you can do this, sit them down, look at the TV screen, you can do this better, because we are still learning.We are probably not in our prime yet, most of us, so we are still learning and he is the man to take this club forward and onto new levels. Its just everything about him, his aura as well. Its just fantastic. Guus Hiddink insists Chelseas players will take all their remaining games seriously Tottenham visit London rivals Chelsea on Monday, live on Sky Sports, knowing their title challenge could be over by the time they kick-off if Leicester beat Manchester United on Sunday, also live on Sky Sports.Even if the Foxes are not crowned champions this weekend, they only need three points from United, Everton and Chelsea to finish the job - but Walker has not given up hope.Its a difficult one because its not over until the fat lady sings, Walker said. Man United are still chasing something, Everton are not going to want to lose. Willian says the Chelsea players dont want Tottenham to win the league and will be doing their upmost to beat them There is no professional footballer who steps onto a pitch and says OK, were just going to chuck this one in. Everton, probably, have a point to prove, having not had the best of seasons.Chelsea likewise, the last game of the season at Stamford Bridge, theyll want to put out a performance for their crowd, so hopefully, theyre not easy games [for Leicester]. But first and foremost, we need to go to Stamford Bridge and win, and weve got two tough games after that. So nothing is a given. Also See: Poch wants one last twist New deal for Spurs boss Why Pochettino is key Redknapps MNF preview John Williamson Jersey . Now he has a complete game. Scherzer tossed a three-hitter in his 179th career start for his first complete game and Victor Martinez hit his 16th homer to lead the Detroit Tigers a 4-0 win over the Chicago White Sox. Mason Plumlee Jersey . The cause of his death is as of yet undetermined, but police said foul play is not suspected. https://www.cheapnetsonline.com/1005g-spencer-dinwiddie-jersey-nets.html . Catch the game on TSN starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. Tampa Bay currently holds the last of the Atlantics three automatic bids to the playoffs, but the Maple Leafs are just one point behind.SINGAPORE - Romanias Simona Halep comfortably defeated Canadas Eugenie Bouchard 6-2, 6-3 on Mondays opening night of the WTA Finals.In a clash of the only two players making their first appearance at the season-ending championships, Halep lost only four points when getting her first serve into play.Maybe I can believe, Halep said. I have the chance to win this tournament, but I dont want to think about this.Bouchard, from Westmount, Que., was well below her best, racking up 30 unforced errors against 11 from Halep.Going for it is always my game style but today there was definitely a lack of consistency, Bouchard said. I didnt feel match sharp, but I feel like I can build on this and I still have another match, which is a bit of a positive.Bouchard will next face Ana Ivanovic on Wednesday while Halep will face Serena Williams. Williams won her opening match earlier on Monday, beating Ivanovic 6-4, 6-4 for her 16th consecutive victory at the finals.The top-ranked Williams came into the season-ending tournament after injuries forced her out of her previous two tournaments and with the off-court distraction of disparaging comments about her from Russian tennis official Shamil Tarpischev.Before the WTA Finals, Williams retired from the China Open and Wuhan Open because of illness and a left knee injury that had her in doubt for Singapore. But with the win over Ivanovic, she closed in on Martina Navratilovas record of 21 straight wins at the tournament.I just found out last time that I was 15 matches and I was like, OOh boy, not another streak, Williams said. Brooklyn Nets Shirts. So now Im 16 and, gosh, here we go again.The top-ranked Williams was shaky in her opening service game, having to save two break points, but soon settled and took a 4-1 lead. Ivanovic got back on serve at 4-4 and had a crucial break opportunity to go up 5-4 but missed a volley.That was a huge point but it was actually quite a hard volley, the ball was dropping fast and I didnt come in fast enough, Ivanovic said. I kind of got down a little bit on myself, then I rushed a little bit that (next) service game, so that was a little bit disappointing.In the final game of the opening set, Ivanovic fell behind 0-40 and eventually dropped serve on a double-fault — one of seven she made during the match.Ivanovic came from a set down to beat Williams at the Australian Open, and looked capable of a similar comeback when she broke in the opening game of the second set, but the American immediately broke back.Williams served 12 aces and improved her record against Ivanovic to 8-1 despite her injury-interrupted preparation.I felt the knee a little bit, but compared to what it was in Beijing, it just feels so much better, Williams said. I was up 4-1 in the first set and cruising and she does what she does best. I felt my energy level got a little low and then I just tried to do everything I can to bring my energy level up to just to fight.In Tuesdays White Group matches, Maria Sharapova takes on Caroline Wozniacki and Petra Kvitova faces Agnieszka Radwanska. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 899 Themen und 995 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 28 Benutzer (03.08.2021 21:48).

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen