Image and video hosting by TinyPic

en think about next holes, and it helped a lot." BAD STARTS

in Gästeecke 27.11.2019 07:01
von sakura698 • Neuling | 825 Beiträge

ST. Tyler Duffey Twins Jersey . LOUIS -- The longest winning streak in Saint Louis history ended Thursday night with a surprising loss at home to Duquesne. That was hardly the most disappointing part of it as far as forward Dwayne Evans was concerned. "The streak didnt really mean much to us," Evans said. "Its a tough loss because theres a championship on the line, not just because it broke the streak." Micah Mason had 22 points and Jerry Jones added 19, leading Duquesne to a 71-64 victory. Saint Louis (25-3, 12-1 Atlantic 10) had won 19 straight since dropping a 70-65 decision on Dec. 1 to unbeaten Wichita State, now ranked No. 2 in the country. With a win, the Billikens could have clinched at least a tie for the Atlantic 10 regular-season title. But it was the Dukes who looked like title contenders Thursday. "They did a really nice job and we just didnt play well enough," Saint Louis coach Jim Crews said. "Weve played well and weve been fortunate. Tonight, we didnt play well enough. "We have no license that were going to win. One teams going to win and one teams going to lose. Whoever plays the best (wins). Thats how it is, and they played better than us." Mason, who entered leading the nation in 3-point shooting percentage (.554), hit four of five from behind the arc for Duquesne (12-15, 4-10), which beat a top-10 opponent on the road for the first time since defeating No. 6 Bradley 73-72 on March 5, 1962. Duquesne improved to 5-28 on the road against top 10 teams. The Dukes, who were 14-point underdogs, are 25-55 overall against teams ranked in the top 10. Although it looked like a mismatch on paper, Jones said he and the Dukes could feel this one coming. "Really, this team was ready to get beat and I just wanted to be a part of it and so did everybody else," he said. Evans had 10 points and 12 rebounds for Saint Louis. Mike McCall Jr. led the Billikens with 18 points, while Jordair Jett (13 points) and Rob Loe (12 points) also were in double digits. Saint Louis will try to rebound Saturday when it visits VCU. Crew said the team will not vary its approach after losing for the first time in nearly three months. "We do the same thing whether we win or lose," he said. "We just try to clean up what we did wrong. We address those things we did wrong, we keep working on our fundamentals and try to get better and move on with the next team. It doesnt make a difference win or lose. Our routine is pretty much the same." The Billikens appeared to be in good shape after Jetts layup with 13:44 remaining gave them a 42-35 lead. But the Dukes took command with an 18-2 run capped by a 3-pointer and then a layup by Jones that made it 53-44 with 7:41 left. Saint Louis fought back and had a chance to cut it to a one-possession game with under a minute remaining. Loe, however, missed a free throw and that led to Jones layup at the other end with 52 seconds left that made it 63-57. The Dukes played Saint Louis tough in their first meeting, losing 76-72 at home on Jan. 22. Duquesne was up for the challenge again Thursday and showed it early as Mason hit his first two shots from behind the arc to help the Dukes grab a 13-8 advantage. Mason was called for his second foul shortly thereafter and went to the bench, and the Billikens began to take advantage of his absence. Saint Louis went 1 for 7 from 3-point range in the first half, but Jake Barnetts 3 with 44 seconds left gave the Billikens a 29-25 halftime lead. Twins Jerseys China . With a victory seemingly slipping away late in the third quarter, his quick scoring flurry helped Golden State regain control early in the fourth. Harmon Killebrew Jersey . Johnson shared an update after his surgery Tuesday on Twitter. He also wrote, "now lets get on the grind." The running back told The Tennessean he was having surgery in Pensacola, Fla. https://www.cheaptwins.com/512t-mitch-garver-jersey-twins.html . The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. SOUTHPORT, England -- Mo Martin has a plan for every golf course she plays, and its working at Royal Birkdale. The 31-year-old American is among the shortest hitters in womens golf, so she figured out the widest part of the fairways and keeps hitting them. It has produced 10 birdies in two days, a pair of 3-under 69s, and a three-shot lead going into the weekend at the Ricoh Womens British Open. "Its always nice when your plan pans out," Martin said. "So its fun to be here." Michelle Wies plans did not include her searching for a flight home before the weekend. The U.S. Womens Open champion missed her first cut this year by not making enough birdies to account for too many times she had to scramble for par. She had rounds of 75-78. She still has that shiny trophy from her first major at home, though that was a small consolation. "It does still feel good," she said. "But Im disappointed in myself. I wanted to play well here." Martin was at 6-under 138, three shots ahead of Beatriz Recari (67) and So Yeon Ryu (70), who joined Martin as the only players to break par both days at Birkdale. Martin has never won on the LPGA Tour, and her plans figures to get a serious test over the final two days of a major, especially if the weather gets ugly. Here are five things to look for on the weekend of this LPGA major: MIGHTY MO: The UCLA grad passed her first big test Friday. She was among the last to tee off, when the wind usually is at its strongest. The 18-hole leader, Ayako Uehara, faded badly with a 44 on the back nine for a 79 to slip nine shots out of the lead. Martin produced a steady diet of fairways and greens. She was bogey-free on the front nine with two birdies. After back-to-back bogeys early on the front nine, she atoned with birdies on two par 5s for a 69. "Every hole, you have something to think about. Every single shot, you have something to think about," Martin said. "But theres fairway there, and theres green there, and thats what Im focusing on. ... My caddie and I just figured out where the widest parts of the fairway were, where I would have the best approaches into the greens." WIE AND ARNIE: Michelle Wie learned some history at Royal Birkdale on her waay to missing the cut. Jake Cave Jersey. She was on the cut line when her tee shot on the 16th went right and landed in a blackberry bush. She thought for a second she might get free relief because of a metal plaque in the ground that might impede her swing. But it wasnt in the way by mere inches. She took a penalty drop and wound up making double bogey. Wie was too disgusted to read what the plaque said. It was for Arnold Palmer, who in the 1961 British Open slashed a 6-iron out of that bush and onto the green to make par. He won by one shot to win his first British Open. And that daring move added to the lore of his go-for-broke nature that makes him such an endearing figure in the game. Wie listened to the details of Palmers shot and smiled. "Yeah," she said. "Didnt happen for me." ACCEPTING MISTAKES: So Yeon Ryu, a former U.S. Womens Open champion, ran into trouble on the second hole and took double bogey. She expects a few bad breaks, and some high numbers. The key is to move on, and that she did. Ryu didnt drop a shot the rest of the way and chalked up another solid round that put her in the hunt. "Links golf is always hard to predict," Ryu said. "Even when I hit the great shots, still can finish at the worst place. And when I hit the bad shots, still can finish close to the pin. So its really important, whatever the result, we need to accept it and just keep working. Today, I made a double bogey on the second hole, but I knew it was just unlucky. I just accepted it and then think about next holes, and it helped a lot." BAD STARTS: Lexi Thompson had the roughest start of them all. The Kraft Nabisco winner hit her opening tee shot out of bounds to the right. She reloaded and hit the next one out of bounds. The third shot was in play, but the ride was still bumpy. She made a 10. Just like that, she went from even par to 6 over. Thompson battled back with birdies and finished with a 77 to make the cut by one shot. GREAT FINISHES: Vikki Laing of Scotland was inside the cut line by one shot when she came to the par-5 17th. After a good drive, she hit 5-wood from 240 yards into the hole for an albatross, the rarest shot in golf. That gave her a 68, and she was at 2-over 146. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 899 Themen und 995 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 28 Benutzer (03.08.2021 21:48).

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen