Image and video hosting by TinyPic

to conquer a big goal and in doing so, raise the bar eve

in Gästeecke 16.12.2019 07:15
von sakura698 • Neuling | 825 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- The Browns are acting as if Josh Gordon is already gone. Pat Connaughton Jersey . With the status of their Pro Bowl wide receiver still unclear for next season, the team added two veteran free-agent wide receivers Thursday, agreeing to terms with Miles Austin and signing Earl Bennett. Both players give the Browns insurance in case Gordon, the teams top playmaker who led the NFL in yards receiving last season, is suspended for a year after reportedly failing another drug test. Austin and Bennett have been available since March, but the Browns passed on them in favour of signing veteran Nate Burleson to challenge Greg Little for the No. 2 receivers spot. However, a report last week that Gordon is facing a one-year suspension forced the Browns to find some quality help and rookie general manager Ray Farmer added Miles and Bennett. Despite being aware of Gordons situation, Farmer passed on drafting a wide receiver last week. At the time, Farmers inaction seemed peculiar, but the team obviously had other options in mind. "Were confident we have a plan," coach Mike Pettine said at a golf outing earlier this week. "That the situation didnt call for panic, thats something we werent going to do. I agree with Ray 1,000 per cent that we have to build this team so that no one player drives the ship, that we can be insulated. Losing players for extended periods of time potentially is part of the game. "Successful franchises are the ones that have enough depth built and enough options that they have from scheme-wise, coaching-wise to account for it. Those are the ones that are successful." A two-time Pro Bowl player, Austin was released by Dallas in March in a salary-cap move. The 29-year-old played in just 11 games last season because of hamstring injuries. The 6-foot-2, 215-pound Austin was signed by the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2006. He appeared in 106 games, recording 301 receptions for 4,481 yards and 34 touchdowns. Miles had his best season in 2009, when he had 81 receptions for 1,320 yards and 11 touchdowns. The 27-year-old Bennett has made 29 starts in six pro seasons -- all with the Chicago Bears. He has 185 career receptions for 2,277 yards with 12 touchdowns. Last season, he had 32 receptions for 243 yards and four TDs in 15 games. Only hours after the Browns introduced Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel last Friday, ESPN reported that the 22-year-old Gordon is facing a one-year ban for testing positive for marijuana dampened the enthusiasm created by Clevelands draft. Citing unidentified sources, the report said Gordon was notified by a league physician that he failed the test. Gordon has failed two previous tests and was suspended for the first two games last season for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. Despite playing just 14 games, Gordon, who also had substance abuse issues in college, led the league with 1,646 yards receiving. The league has not commented on Gordons situation. Agent Drew Rosenhaus has declined comment. Faced with a substantial fine, Farmer was careful as he spoke about Gordon, but indicated the team was prepared to move on without him. "Its no different than if a player was going out during the off-season and broke an ankle or tore an ACL playing pickup hoops," Farmer said. "We have to build a football team that can win regardless of whos missing. I think thats the charge that we have. Thats my job. Thats coach Pettines job. To prepare this football team to win games regardless of whos missing." Along with Gordons fluid situation, the Browns may be without Burleson after he recently underwent minor surgery to fix a plate in the left arm he broke last year in a car accident. Farmer expects Burleson to be ready when training camp opens in July. The Browns also signed undrafted free agent defensive lineman Elhadji Ndiaye. Born in Senegal, the 6-4, 265-pound Ndiaye attended Nebraska-Kearney. He had six sacks in 2013. Oscar Robertson Jersey . An in-person hearing allows for Garbutt to be suspended for five games or longer as per the leagues Collective Bargaining Agreement. Garbutt delivered a high hit to Penner in the second period of Sundays game. D. J. Wilson Jersey . The lightning strike was in the parking lot of Crew Stadium on Saturday night, but its not known if the off-duty lieutenant was struck directly, Columbus Fire Department Battalion Chief Tracy Smith said. The firefighter, identified as Lt. https://www.cheapbucksonline.com/986t-donte-divincenzo-jersey-bucks.html . Chief prosecutor Gerrie Nel also accused Pistorius of tailoring his testimony to fit the evidence at the scene. Pistorius denied the accusations. Nel alleged that the Olympic runner changed his aim with his 9 mm pistol to ensure that he hit Steenkamp as she fell back against a magazine rack in a toilet cubicle.TORONTO -- Olympic bobsled champion Heather Moyse has barely had time to catch her breath since returning home from the Sochi Games. After a welcome-home celebration in Summerside, P.E.I., she has been busy criss-crossing the country in recent weeks for speaking engagements, meetings and sponsorship appearances. Like usual, Moyses daytimer is full and shes been racking up the air miles. But for the first time in ages, there is no firm sporting goal in sight. "I just need to sit and do nothing," Moyse said. "But I have no doubt I will have that itch to get physical again." The question is which sport will be next on her list? In addition to her bobsled dominance with pilot Kaillie Humphries, Moyse has competed at the last two womens rugby World Cup tournaments. She has ruled out playing at the 2014 event this summer in France. Moyse also reached an elite level in track cycling when she gave that sport a try. Shes 35 now and isnt sure where her path will take her. Moyse plans to continue with her motivational speeches and will head to China this August to serve as an athlete role model at the Youth Olympics in Nanjing. "Theres a part of me that misses something like that totally different life than being an athlete," Moyse said in a recent interview. "But I dont know. I really hope that if a lot of this mootivational stuff takes off, I can see myself doing a little bit of life coaching, especially for younger athletes or for young adults who are trying to have maybe the courage to change paths and do something different. Wholesale Bucks Jerseys. " Moyse and Humphries successfully defended their Olympic title at the Sanki Sliding Center last February. The victory came just three months after Moyse returned to the World Cup circuit with a victory in her first race after taking a long break from the sport. She had returned to the Calgary training centre just weeks before that and wowed the national bobsled brass with a record push time. The mission was classic Moyse -- try to conquer a big goal and in doing so, raise the bar even higher. "I almost feel like a rejuvenated athlete," she said. "And for me, I love those athletic challenges. So although yes, I want a break, I feel like I would want to find something (later on). It may not be bobsledding, it may not even be rugby or cycling, I have no idea. "Im not ready to decide on where my focus is going to be but I see myself wanting to do that." Moyse has time to consider her options. Rugby sevens will make its debut at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janiero. A return to the bobsled for the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea is also a possibility. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 899 Themen und 995 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 28 Benutzer (03.08.2021 21:48).

Xobor Ein Xobor Forum
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen